Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chuck Norris

When I was 6 years old I started taking Karate classes at Santamaria's in Killeen. I saw Chuck Norris there. I had a polaroid taken with him. My parents took me out of Karate classes after I started showing a lack of interest 'cause that shit was expensive. This was around '83 or '84. Chuck Norris was about to do the Missing In Action movie around this time. I have always liked most of the early Chuck Norris movies. Most of my friends made fun of them, but I didn't give a fuck. Me and my friend Kevin were WAY into them. One time, he was like- "Chuck Norris movies are always good". Not too many people would say that out loud, but my friend was being serious when he said that, and that's kind of bad-ass. Whenever I see Chuck Norris movies nowadays Kevin's endorsement always rings in my mind. It's kind of what prompted me to go on a Norris-renting spree over the last couple of months. Here's some that I like a lot.

1. Good Guys Wear Black (1978)
Dir. Ted Post




2. A Force Of One (1979)
Dir. Paul Aaron




3. The Octagon (1980)
Dir. Eric Carson




4. An Eye For An Eye (1981)
Dir. Steve Carver



5. Silent Rage (1982)
Dir. Michael Miller




6. Forced Vengeance (1982)
Dir. James Fargo




7. Code Of Silence (1985)
Dir. Andrew Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment